About This Blog

It is an honor that you have decided to come to my blog and read the thoughts and reflections that accompany my journey with Christ. Psalms 45:1 declares ...I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue [is] the pen of a ready writer. I pray that as you read and reflect on the words written here, the Holy Spirit will minister to you as I journal experiences from my life and ministry. MAY ALL GOD'S BLESSINGS BE YOURS, FOREVER. - ASW

On the web

Thursday, June 17, 2010

THE FLOWERS

THE FLOWERS

Life has a way of teaching you lessons that you will never forget.  Today I'm reflecting on many things, and one is this picture of the beautiful flowers I received by surprise one day while at the office.  I was very surprised to get them, but even more surprised when I read the card about who sent them.  They were from some friends I met on the internet years ago. 

The Lord allowed me to share the gospel with her, and after receiving Christ as her personal Lord and Savior, her husband did also.  As events would have it, we spoke often on the phone and shared many conversations about life and about the love of Jesus.  All of this was initiated because of me doing videos on youtube.  I've learned a valuable lesson in this and that is, it is important to obey God even when it seems insignificant.  Who would have thought that a video could save a soul?  Why do I say save a soul?

Yesterday I got a message.  Her long time friend, and husband had informed me that she was having some health issues and that because of her complications she passed away.  The last time I heard from her was when she sent me these beautiful flowers.  The flowers have long withered, but I did take a picture that I'll value in my heart.  Life is like my flowers.  We may wither away with the passing of time, but prayerfully we will leave behind the memories of our lovely scent.  Joy does come in the morning. This morning, I'm remembering The Flowers, and the life that was changed through obedience.  Thank you Lord for sharing Christie with us, for just a moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment